Missing "Copy libraries ..."

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've decided to remove this option.
The next version will be fully compatible with Vista in a non-administrator mode (except of the setup process). In this mode it is not possible to copy files to Program Files.
The other reason is that I don't think that it was really useful and I now think that it better to let the user explicitly manage his set of libraries.
BTW, when you open a project Basic4ppc now checks whether there are more updated (comparing the file's creation date) libraries in the 'libraries' folder than the libraries in the project folder and updates the local libraries if required.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
, when you open a project Basic4ppc now checks whether there are more updated (comparing the file's creation date) libraries in the 'libraries' folder than the libraries in the project folder and updates the local libraries if required.
s.

This may NOT be such a good idea as intended...
imagina that one uses a "outdated" dll, wich has a method that we use on an app, but, due to this new feature, gets "updated" by one that no longer has the method previously used by the app...

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
...imagina that one uses a "outdated" dll, wich has a method that we use on an app, but, due to this new feature, gets "updated" by one that no longer has the method previously used by the app...
If this happens, it would be a sign of bad dll programming. Every version should be compatible to the previous one! Some methods may declared as deprecated but deleting one is never a good idea...

specci48