iOS Question Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
Hello,

This is a new one for me. I just received an email from app store mentioning that "Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File".
Usually i have the "Missing Push Notification Entitlement" which is fine, my app can still be uploaded.

This is what the email states:

"Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File - Your app's code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app's Info.plist file should contain a NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. Starting Spring 2019, all apps submitted to the App Store that access user data will be required to include a purpose string.If you're using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. You can contact the developer of the library or SDK and request they release a version of their code that doesn't contain the APIs. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/core_app/protecting_the_user_s_privacy)."

This is my code:

B4X:
#PlistExtra:<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key><string>Read barcodes</string>

Any ideas?

Y.

jo1234

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had this too. Just add:
B4X:
#PlistExtra:<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key><string>Some description</string>

Upvote 0

Arnaud

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I need to use Photo library for my APP.
I use the library iMedia 1.22 for that.
I have added the code:

<code>
#PlistExtra:<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key><string>This app requires access to the photo library.</string>
<code/>

but i have still a issue (below)

email-asc-logo@2X.png

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "ALFANO 6". Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File - Your app's code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app's Info.plist file should contain a NSCameraUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. Starting Spring 2019, all apps submitted to the App Store that access user data will be required to include a purpose string.If you're using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. You can contact the developer of the library or SDK and request they release a version of their code that doesn't contain the APIs. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/core_app/protecting_the_user_s_privacy).

Can you help me please ?

thanks

Upvote 0