MsgBox with icon option cMsgBoxHand (?)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mjcoon, Oct 6, 2010.

1. mjcoon

mjcoon Well-Known Member Licensed User

The Help and hint for MsgBox includes the icon option cMsgBoxHand. I don't think I have ever used this.

I was interested in Klaus' sugestion in http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/questions-help-needed/6404-adding-link-button.html#post37570 for an alternative to MsgBox but when I tried to run it under desktop IDE I get a complaint that hand.png is missing (although the screenshot shown has the exclamation rather than hand; I guess Klaus has covered all options).

Since Klaus attached only the sbp file I thought I could acquire a hand bitmap by capturing from another program using the icon option cMsgBoxHand.

That was when I found the real bug I am reporting: MsgBox with icon option cMsgBoxHand, per the hint, and run under desktop IDE shows the red X rather than a hand. When does the hand show?

Mike.

2. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

I also noticed that the cMsgBoxHand option shows the red circle with a white cross.

I looked in VB6, there the icons are labeld differently
    cMsgBoxHand -> vbCritical white x in red circle
    cMsgBoxAsterisk -> vbInformation lower case i in a circle
    cMsgBoxExclamation -> vbExclamation exclamation point in a yellow triangle
    cMsgBoxQuestion -> vQuestion question mark in a circle

It looks not like a bug but a like strange labeling in .NET !?
    MessageBoxIcon Enumeration (System.Windows.Forms)

Sorry for having put only the sbp file in the post.
    Now there is a zip file there with the images.
    Attached the same program with a choice for the icons.

Best regards.

Attached Files:

3. Zenerdiode

Zenerdiode Active Member Licensed User

I *Think* hand dates back to the old circa Windows 3.1 days when the icon for a 'Critical Stop' was a stop sign with a hand... :confused:

(I think, I just can't remember :))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice