Android Question Msgbox2 options order

SeaBee

Licensed User
I have a simple Msgbox2 modal dialog popping up on hitting a button, but the order of the options is changed from "Yes", "Cancel", "No" when displayed, coming up as Cancel No Yes on the screen, although they do work correctly, returning the expected DialogResponse.

Also, Cancel is all the way to the left, and No and Yes over to the right, giving a very weird spacing, which appears to be proportional to the length of the text (Cancel, Nonono, and Yesyes are nicely spaced :)).

Another minor annoyance is that they all appear in caps, and lower case is converted to upper case.

I am testing on a Cat S30, running 5.1, and I feart this might be a 'feature' of this combination. Is this a known problem, or am I stuck with it?

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tested on a 5.1 emulator? Also, as you suspect, this might be a device (or its settings) issue so try it with another Android device.

I think Android 5.0 + automatically sets the text to all caps for buttons. I am not sure how to change it though.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Msgbox2 does return a value. one for negative, one for neutral, one for positive.

It is up to you to set other Texts for the buttons. or even another order.
Make sure you know which button is responsible for which returnvalue...

For ex. Use the negative button (negative value) and set "OK" as text... Note to check for the negative value then if you expect the user pressed "OK"

Upvote 0