Multi-GPS driver code in one source file

SarahWard

Banned
I would love to see the ability of using both GPS (GPSserial and GPSdriver) dlls in one source file. At present it produces errors.

The serial.dll is for standard gps hardware and the driver.dll is for HTC gps hardware and it would be great for both to be usable within the same source code so that users can choose between standard and HTC devices.

At present I have to create two programs to cover these two GPS possibilites.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm afraid that is just not possible and still achieve the design aim which is to have the same source code run with each library.

Anyway as I have tried to point out to you before GPSDriver is not just for HTC devices but should work on any WM5.0 or later device with internal or external GPS. A limitation I have seen on my HTC Diamond is that only the internal GPS can be used as its "External GPS" settings always seem to revert to the internal GPS even if you specify a COM port for an external one. My iPAQ 214, which does not have an internal GPS works fine with GPSDriver and an external Bluetooth GPS. I would have thought you would only need a separate version for devices running WM2003.