Multiple forms, Cursor Value, Keyboard and Back

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Can't find how to :BangHead:

1. - Added a new Layout with Panel in the Designer. Panel/layout appears when button is pressed. When I try to activate it with code, the layout doesn't appear and the fields of the underlaying Main-form show up, when I touch the screen on their positions.
(List fields were initialized on the Main-form??)

2. - How can I transfer a Cursor value (List/Spinner, selected value) to a second form?

3. - How can I activate the Keyboard when a Spinner opens up.(1.000 records from db, takes a long time to select 1 record)?

4. - What is the code to return to the previous form via the Back button of the phone. Now the app closes.

Thank you very much in advance.

Helen.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
First I recommend you to see the two activities example: http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4android-getting-started-tutorials/6611-two-activities-example.html

Process global objects can be accessed from other activities and are the way to share data between activities.

Currently you cannot show the keyboard programmatically.

By default the back button closes the current activity. It should not close your application unless you have previously called Activity.Finish in your first activity.

Upvote 0

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

Thank you for the info.

At one point in the docu or forum I thought I had to use Panels for more layouts/forms.
The two activities exampe solved my issues 1. - 2. and 4., which is a great score :sign0060:

Have a nice weekend.
Helen.

Upvote 0