Music Player with play-list

mjcoon

Licensed User
I wrote this program because I wanted to play recorded radio programmes in succession in long car journeys, once each. Hence the playlist and delete-after-playing features.

Because I find that I have to perform a soft reset quite frequently I wanted to ensure that I could resume playing the current sound file where I had left off. (Actually, I move back the play point by a couple of seconds to include an overlap.) So there is an invisible list of all files that have been played and the point to which playing has reached. Entries in this file are only removed as a result of the "Tidy" function determining that the file has been deleted.

The visible playlist table is also kept in a file that gets read at start up and is not purged until the user chooses "Tidy".

There are a set of configuration parameters which are kept in the third CSV data file belonging to the program. These include whether the “Forward” and “Rewind" buttons are to move through the file in percentage terms or by an absolute amount of playing time. (I could not decide, when designing the program, which would always be better!)

I added the "darken" feature to turn off the backlight to save battery power when listening while not using external power.

Both the playing progress through the sound file and the position of the volume control are shown using TaskBar objects. The user can adjust these by dragging the bar marker or by clicking or holding down the corresponding buttons. The code for implementing this illustrates a way in which a drag by the user can be distinguished from programmatic adjustment.

Please let me know if anyone finds a bug or just a better way of doing what I've done.

Note that the zip file does not include any DLLs and that the supporting FMOD DLLs are not part of Basic4PPC. The URL for that is elsewhere in the forums.

Mike.

Attachments

• MusicPlayer.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,079
  • ScreenShot-2009-11-25.jpg
    ScreenShot-2009-11-25.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 877

sally3599

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can't find the file of b4a in MusicPlayer.zip

only MusicPlayer.sbp in the Attached File, can it compile and run in Basic4android 2.02 ?

mjcoon

Licensed User
only MusicPlayer.sbp in the Attached File, can it compile and run in Basic4android 2.02 ?

No, it isn't an Android program and this isn't an Android sub-forum.

I'm not an Android user, so I have no idea whether there is a similar Android product out there.

Mike.