My first projects - cc welcome!

Servaas

Licensed User
Hello all, I thought id make a post about what i'm working on. That's something I miss on B4... to be honest, a place where developers can have open discussions about their games, maybe some QA, constructive criticism. A place to boost or just have people look at your software. I don't know if more people feel this way but id love to hear some frank discussions about game design/app design. Do's and don'ts. I'm unsure if the community is big enough for something like this? And people would be willing to share their experiences.

I come from some small REALBasic and Visual Basic .NET background where I like to make small projects / big dreams about fresh and new, or modified ideas of looking at what people want in games, what I would want in a game...

And every now and then I make a little application that helps me personally in life.

I'm very excited about B4A, it feels like everyone has a C64 in their pocket, and I could write something for that C64! Who cares in the end if it's useful for the 99% of the people? It's the excitement of creating something. I'm very glad that I was able to afford B4A and the good people at Anywhere Software don't charge a finger and a hand for it. Thank you for that!

This is my developer page;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Archolm&hl=nl

I have 2 apps at the moment, first was my gf's embroiderment studios app, mind you this is very basic, I think of it like a digital "business card" at the moment it puts her name in the phone's dialer, opens a "dear ms," email and opens maps to drive towards her shop.
I'd love suggestions on basic things I should add, probably a Facebook like me button?

I'm working on a little basic game I could add to it, where you have to guide a string (canvas line) through a needle hole. I got a little bit of it working, needle is moving left and right, thread can go left and right... basic stuff. Also like a page in the app where you have fun things, like /s original sowing sound of a Whoevercares 5000 sewing machine! Maybe some wikipedia pulls for some history on it?

In the end yes a whole digital shop where people could upload their own banners or logos that be amazing. But i'm not quite there yet when it comes to fully understanding B4A. I'll keep working on it.

Second is Gopherhole, it's a simple, very basic, very alpha whack a mole type game. The game part of B4A seems very advanced at the moment to me so i'll make do with keeping this small and simple by just moving some ImageViews.

And that's pretty much what i'm doing. Hope more people share their stories.

An Schi

Licensed User
There are forums for every b4x product 'Share my Creation' with subforums 'Test my app'.

But i liked reading your story here anyway ;)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
for the discussion, code related or not, you can also join the chat.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well done on getting started. Games are great fun to make in b4a. I've made some some ones and am now working on bigger ones, your first game is good and would benefit from some animation. Which might be easier to achieve using something like the libgdx library which several of us here use for games.