B4J Question MySQL connector; How can I know which connector is the one suited for my DB?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I've been using JRDC2 using EREL's almost unchanged example, with no issues...
Well, the only issue I had was finding out the suitable connector driver...
In that case it was the "mysql-connector-java-5.1.41-bin"...
I found it by trial and error...

Yesterday my vps got updated, and I also started fiddling around ABMaterial based webapp with db access...

I keep getting this error;

WARNING: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask@5215d7e9 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

So I guess the connector I used is no longer suitable...

So I searched for a new one, and found that there is a 5.1.42 version available...
Downloaded, compiled, runned the jar on vps... and still same error...

"SELECT Version()" gives me 5.1.73, but I cannot find a direct relation between DB version and connector version...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Henrique... I have managed to get it working, but still the question is valid...
How can we logically know which connector suites our DB version? (Instead of trial and error), or is the latest connector version always the best bet?

Upvote 0

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
i believe that unless you are using a very old driver (major version number change) you should not have any problems.

Why your connector suddenly failed? i believe that it may have to do with the URL for your connection, if one part of it is wrong or the parser of the driver did not understand the URL, those kind of errors may appear.

Upvote 0