Need more structure support - Sub return

Discussion in 'Basic4ppc Wishlist' started by focusrocker, Sep 10, 2009.

1. focusrocker

focusrocker Member

Hello. I may have the idea of modules wrong, but I am trying to use them as one would use classes in c++/c#. I would like for each module to be independent of all other modules. Therefore, I am using no click capture, screen input or output in these modules. Well maybe a message box or two. The modules are only accepting variables from the main module and returning values.

This is where I am having a problem. I would like to use structures as subroutine parameters and also be able to return them. This would make the data a little more abstract and truly have plug and play modules to reuse with no maintenance or integration issues.

I would like to keep global variables to a minimum. IMO, globals should only be used as Flags and settings for a program. Definitely not for variable passing.

In conclusion, I would really like to see structures get a little more action!!!

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

This feature is planned for the next version. However the exact details are not final yet.

3. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

In the meantime perhaps you might like to play with this teeny-weeny library that you can use to pass arrays and structures by reference.

EDIT:- I should also point out that you can return arrays and structures by returning the value for SetRef and using it with GetRef in the caller.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice