Need some enlightenment on wearables

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
long time ago, I gave up my wristwatch that I used for checking time, for cellphone, because the later had the same function and I didn't like to carry two devices that do the same thing.
Now I read everywhere that in order to use a wearable device ( let alone for installing new apps.. ) I must have another device enabled, this turns my hair gray and can hardly understand it.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did not know this (I did not have interest in the Wearable, screen too small. It can be useful as... clock :D).

But we must consider the benefits:
in this way we will have two sources of radiation, instead of one; in this way the chances of getting cancer increase. :D:D:D:(

New-method-to-measure-the-Impact-of-Cellphone-Radiation-1.jpg

I have forgotten: pick even glasses!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
(It's raining over you.)

Luca,
I really want to understand.. every morning and before I go to work, I already know the whether for the rest of the week and don't need anyone to remind me that it is going to rain in the afternoon!.. This will be self-torture. Another thing that this device is taking the information from my cellphone (I think) since the presence of the cellphone is mandatory.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I think that it is mandatory.

You may considere them as the couple smartphone and bluetooth headset.

But in this case, the headset is almost essential. The clock seems to be a sort of "remote" display of the smartphone, then almost totally useless.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are right Luca.. I always said it is redundancy. unless one day Google manages to make it independent device. I don't want to build a network on myself.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this is a fascinating subject, wearables will be the future.

I don't know how yet.

I just know.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also think so.. and I am 99.99% sure they will soon be independent from other devices.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
wearables will be the future.
I don't know how yet.

Ian, you don't need to prove you are British,
Winston Churchill said to Royal Navy:
I want you to destroy Tirpitz, I don't know how ____ :)