.NET CF to .NET F Compatible listing

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys...

I've got the libraries fever.....

Is there any good cross reference about whats compatible between .NET Compact Framework and .Net Framework...?

I'm developing a v2 of my AboutPanel, wich would have a custom form based on a bitmap and the transparencykey property of the form, wich seems not to be supported by the device, but works ok on the desktop...

Any ideas?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand that...
And it was with the "Help" of msdn that I figured out how to make a custom form...
What I don't understand is why it runs on Basic4ppc in the desktop and not on the device....

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What I don't understand is why it runs on Basic4ppc in the desktop and not on the device....
If I understand it correctly you have built a device library that uses methods or properties of a Form that are not available in the Compact Framework, and this library works on the PC but not on the device.

The reason is that while running on the PC your library, even though targeted at the Compact Framework will be running under the full .NET framework, which as you know DOES include those methods and properties. It is only on the device that those methods or properties are not implemented.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So it's OK to develop DLL's that behave diferently in the desktop that the device....interesting....

Well, here I go again.......

DLL mania is on!!!