.net Compact Framework 3.0 not recognized by 6.05

m.zielinski

Licensed User
Hello,

I just compiled a programm with V6.05 and when i start it it tells, that .net cf is missing. I have a WM6 Device with only .NET Compact Framework 3.0 installed...

What can i do?

The same programm compiled with v6.01 Did work properly!!!

Greetings
Michael

m.zielinski

Licensed User
Please forget my post - i just deleted a file called myprog.exe.config which semms to be a config file with the supported .net versions. after deleting it the programm started fine...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Which device are you using?
I didn't know that there are devices with .Net CF 3.5 (AFAIK there is no 3.0) installed in ROM.

Yes!!!! Were did and how did you get IT???

I know that the desktop does indeed have a 3.0 version, but I never saw any reference to it in the Device World...

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that the desktop does indeed have a 3.0 version, but I never saw any reference to it in the Device World...
The latest device version is 3.5 (there never was a 3.0) and it ships with Visual Studio 2008 which was released end November 2007. This page http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397835.aspx implies that it is also available for a separate download but I don't think it is yet - although a beta is available. The latest release to market version available for download is 2.0 SP1.

HarleyM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hermes cooked roms also contain v3.5 with WM6.0 & WM6.1

check out this Hermes support forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355

I've been a series of cooked ROM's settling on Schaps 4.31 Rom with my JasJam & it has improved it's performance over the standard ROM incredibly. Word of warning to people considering the upgrade to read all the procedures carefully as it has the ability to 'brick' your device.

After upgrading I reload CF2 which does seem to be a backward step but essential for B4PPC. M.Zielinski - Thanks for the tip on MyProg.exe I'll try that next time.

Last edited: