Android Tutorial New B4A book: Android App Development for Electronics Designers

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Examples' started by Erel, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

https://www.elektor.com/android-app...s-designers?___store=default&___from_store=nl

[​IMG]

Description: This book describes how an Android mobile device can communicate with a variety of hardware platforms — including Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and the ESP32 processor — over a Wi-Fi link or by using SMS text messages. Some of the projects show how data packets can be sent from a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or ESP32 processor to an Android mobile phone and then displayed on the mobile phone. All the Android projects in this book were developed using the B4A programming language. The book begins with a description of how to install the B4A on a PC.

(Note that Anywhere Software is not affiliated with the publisher or the author.)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    JakeBullet70, stanks, js1234 and 25 others like this.
  2. mark35at

mark35at Well-Known Member Licensed User

It is very nice to have such books, especially for beginners. However, at the rate that Erel makes changes and improvements, books can not keep up. I think the combination of the booklets from Klaus and the videos from Erel are better for beginners and experts alike. Just my two pennies worth.

I still "like" the link. Thanks Erel.

Myr0n likes this.
  3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I received good feedback about this book: https://www.pennypress.co.uk/b4a-book/

I'm very happy to see new books created about B4X. While there are new features all the time, the main concepts remain true.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    fredo, Johan Hormaza and mendiburen like this.
  4. DoganIbrahim

DoganIbrahim New Member Licensed User

The book is aimed for the beginners who want to learn how to develop apps on the Android mobile devices. It will be of interest to people who may want to develop apps to communicate with the Arduino, ESP32, Raspberry Pi, and other electronic devices using WiFi, SMS etc. Complete and fully tested and working projects are given in the book with the complete program listing. I hope the book becomes useful in your next projects

Prof Dogan Ibrahim
    Author

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

Any special offer for forum licensed members?

6. DoganIbrahim

Forum members can get 10% discount by entering coupon code B4X-2018 at checkout

Aries Abedes, DonManfred and Erel like this.
  7. victormedranop

victormedranop Well-Known Member Licensed User

JajajajajajajjaaJAJJAJAJAJJA :D:);):(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

upload_2018-11-30_16-54-32.png

8. Beja

Beja Expert Licensed User

Thanks for this important book. I gave it a "Like" before reading the post. All what developers need are basic concepts. I assume there are also BT communication examples between Android devices and the outside world.

9. DoganIbrahim

I will check it and let you know

10. DoganIbrahim

The coupon code is valid now for the book

microbox, Erel and mendiburen like this.
  11. pjetson

pjetson Member Licensed User

Any chance that there is a current coupon code for this book?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice