New Phone library

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This new lib is absolutly awsome,still a few wishes remain...

1- the ability to end athe cuurent conversation with code
2- the ability to cancel an outgoing (still dialling) call, perhaps the same method can do 1 and 2...
3-mute ringer( usefull to screen calls)
4-send "busy" tone as an aswer to a call...

With this, features as call blocking, could be added to an aplication, even call controll and manegeament....

eddy_ys

Erel,
Good work.
Will this replace the old phonelib.dll?
Some other questions:
1. When the phone call is active, the sound("*.wav") cannot be played.
2. How to activate the vibrator of the phone when certain even is raised?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The "old PhoneLib" library was created by stbi (a user).
Unlike the official Phone library it doesn't require WM5.0 or WM6.0 devices so it is still useful for some.
I guess that when the phone rings the speaker is busy with it so I don't think you can do anything about it.
I will check if it is possible to add a Vibrate method to the Hardware library.

Louis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. If your Mobile Device doesn't have a phone but you purchase a CF card and the proper drivers for the device so it can communicate with GSM networks and send and receive calls with the installed drivers, will the library work? My mobile device doesn't have a phone, but I can buy a compactflash adapter card and install drivers that will turn it into a phone as long as the card is in a slot, with of course my SymCard in the CF adapter. Just a thought. Thanks.

eddy_ys

Hi Erel,
Have you got the solution for the "Vibration"?
I need it badly.
Btw, any function that you might have developed for generating a sound with frequency = x Hz?
(x is between 1..20000Hz)
:sign0163:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can it be added a method to retrieve the IMEI number?

This would be usefull as they are unique...

markbarrett_1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

This library requires WM5.0 and WM6.0 phone enabled devices (.Net CF 2.0 on WM5.0).

Is it possible to build an application with this library in it and not stop the application if the device running on it isn't a phone? My database that I'm working on is now getting pretty complete. What would be neat is for people with phone PDA's they can look up somebody in the database, hit a button and dials (coded it up already and works perfectly). However on older PDA's that are NOT WM5 and NOT phone enabled, the application stops before it even gets going with what looks like a dll initialiation problem. I was hoping to avoid having 2 exe's out there (a phone one and a non-phone one). Is this possible? If not, I'll do the 2 exe's thing and make some smart code that requires a couple of comments either way to make it so.

Thanks.

Cheers.

M

rypnd

Pls Help me. I use your 5.8 version in my PPC, so I cannot add phone.dll and outlook.dll. Pls give me advice. Thanks.

rypnd

My device is o2 Atom - WM6.0.
When i use add components, and choose ADD DLL, it not listing the phone.dll and outlook.dll in the list.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The dlls are not copied to the device as part of the installation.
You could copy the dlls to the device from:
C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop\Libraries

I recommend you to first build the application on the desktop and add Outlook / OutlookDesktop and Phone / PhoneDesktop to your application.
If you work inside the synchronization folder, the files will also be copied to the device.
See this post: http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38