Longtime User
I would have liked these too

facepalm-emoticon.png

adesivi-sospettando-emoticon.jpg.jpg

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In India, "Namaste" is "greeting with respect", when we meet someone elder or respected person.
It is also "praying" before GOD.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As JosΓ© J. Aguilar says above there is a definite cultural element to the interpretation of this emoji. As a devout atheist I would never use this emoji to says thanks, its connotations to me are religious prayer.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a surprising emoji to add, considering it's so closely connected to religion for a lot of people. I've always thought this forum didn't approve of religious or political discussions. (A stance I strongly approve of.)

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't work out when you would use an angry like - if you're angry you probably didn't like the post anyways.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
As a devout atheist I would never use this emoji to says thanks, its connotations to me are religious prayer.
It's a surprising emoji to add, considering it's so closely connected to religion for a lot of people. I've always thought this forum didn't approve of religious or political discussions. (A stance I strongly approve of.)

I don't see any harm with this reaction. Like any reaction in life, it is completely fine not to use it. Only if you want to.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will use it, if I have to say "I pray to GOD for you" to a message.
This is more logical and normal for me.

Paul_

Licensed User
As JosΓ© J. Aguilar says above there is a definite cultural element to the interpretation of this emoji. As a devout atheist I would never use this emoji to says thanks, its connotations to me are religious prayer.

In many cultures like Thailand, Indonesia etc. this is a "wai" greeting to meet people with respect and not a religious greeting.