Longtime User
From the "emojipedia.org", below is in our country and culture (India) context,
πŸ™ Namaste
πŸ™ Prayer

Also the Shortcodes
B4X:
    :pray:   (Github, Slack)
    :folded_hands: (Emojipedia)

So I think the original was for praying.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From the "emojipedia.org", below is in our country and culture (India) context,
πŸ™ Namaste
πŸ™ Prayer

Also the Shortcodes
B4X:
    :pray:   (Github, Slack)
    :folded_hands: (Emojipedia)

So I think the original was for praying.

Also Known As
  • πŸ™ Namaste
  • πŸ™ Please
  • πŸ™ Prayer
  • πŸ™ Thank You

as you can see it is also known as "Thank You" and to be honest i like it more than the like button. as erel already said it is a more personal way to say thank you than just give a like to a post.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
as you can see it is also known as "Thank You" and to be honest i like it more than the like button. as erel already said it is a more personal way to say thank you than just give a like to a post.
Ahh.. I am not stopping anyone to use it as 'thank you'.
I just found that the shortcut code is 'pray' so I mentioned it, that may be original it was for 'pray'.
Just type
B4X:
:pr
and see.

b4a1.png

As time passes we change the meaning words and images to fit current situation. It is OK. πŸ™

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ahh.. I am not stopping anyone to use it as 'thank you'.
I just found that the shortcut code is 'pray' so I mentioned it, that may be original it was for 'pray'.
Just type
B4X:
:pr
and see.

View attachment 115326

As time passes we change the meaning words and images to fit current situation. It is OK. πŸ™

i also understood that this is the emoji for pray or like someone sends you a prayer on WhatsApp and you answer with it as "Amen". but as you said it is also a sign for greeting in a more respected way and maybe as thank you it can also be used. anyway, a nice addition to the forum.
i will try to use it when i want to say thank you and when I like a post I will use the like emoji. :)

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here in Greece "namaste" means "here we are".

That is correct but you missed to make clear to everyone that "here we are" refers to the words "namaste" (na 'maste) and not to the sign.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User