Android Question newly compiled apk won't install

dbprogramer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been using older versions B4A for a while with no problem. I upgraded a while ago to 6.50 (yes, I'm a little behind) and used it for some new programs without problem, but when I edited an older program, the apk compiled and seemed to install, but at the end of the process it says simply "App not installed". Does something need to change in the code with 6.5 (from 5.0) to allow it to install properly? I have been updating this program for years without issue and the changes I just made were insignificant (changed the size of a box). There was nothing in the debug log except:
Installing file
**Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **

dbprogramer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried compiling and installing it in B4A 5.5 and it worked fine. What do I need to do to my code be able to use B4A 6.5 or higher? I have Java 8 and I can use 6.5 fine to write new programs.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

dbprogramer

Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to first UNinstall the old app from your phone/tablet, then install the new app. You will be good to go. See this thread link:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-v6-30-has-been-released.71212/
Thanks. But that thread says I don't need to uninstall the previous version. Both versions (seem to) work fine (they are in different directories as the thread says). I can write code and compile and install on my phone no problem in either version. My problem is when I open in B4A 6.5 code written in 5.5 B4A, it compiles okay but won't install on my phone! Do I need to make any changes in my code?

Upvote 0

dbprogramer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry, @Mahares, for not reading carefully! You said remove "the old app from your phone" and somehow I read "remove the previous version of B4A" from my computer! Removing the previous version of the app from my phone allowed the install to succeed, thanks!

Upvote 0