Next Big Thing?

What project would you like to create next?

• Total voters

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone :)

We are still in the search of the next big thing, and we just had this idea, why not create a VPN app and sell the source code ?

i think a lot of users are looking into making their own vpn but as you may know it's not that simple in fact it would take us maybe more than 30 days to accomplish.

Also there are users that want a VoIP system.

other users are interested in the E-Learning field.

So please do vote in the poll and we will start making the most voted :)

Upon voting results, we have announced the VoIP project :
VoIP Source Code

E-Learning system has been announced :)

Last edited:

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Hi Sameer, if you are looking for the next big challenge, i vote for a voip PBX
Like Asterisk or 3Cx or FreePbx
A system that allows you to communicate with standard SIP phones, and software clients on Android and iOs
This is certainly an attractive project for all users of this forum

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Sameer, if you are looking for the next big challenge, i vote for a voip PBX
Like Asterisk or 3Cx or FreePbx
A system that allows you to communicate with standard SIP phones, and software clients on Android and iOs
This is certainly an attractive project for all users of this forum

i have created a poll :)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've casted my vote...
E-learning is on the rise, specially since covid19, and I believe it's here to stay.
VoIP has become a standard in many fields, and the solutions available today are either to expensive or very feature..less.
Interfacing the "real world" is always an awesome challenge.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've casted my vote...
E-learning is on the rise, specially since covid19, and I believe it's here to stay.
VoIP has become a standard in many fields, and the solutions available today are either to expensive or very feature..less.
Interfacing the "real world" is always an awesome challenge.
Exactly that's why i would choose e-learning all the way because of the covid19 situation the learning process is changing and some of the governments are forcing the e-learning because it's safer and faster :)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You may also consider, or whoever decides to add the two together and create a final product, live interaction between teacher and students using.... wait for it.... wait for it.... VoIP!!!

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
You may also consider, or whoever decides to add the two together and create a final product, live interaction between teacher and students using.... wait for it.... wait for it.... VoIP!!!
You keep making it harder and harder for us 🤣

Tell you what my friend, if both of them had the same results or very close to each other then we will develop them both and integrate them together, sounds good? :)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am a Portuguese living in France...
The French have a saying (told by a French, so I apologize in advance)
" why make it simple when we CAN complicate??!"

Squiffy

Licensed User
Longtime User
A VoIP panel gets my vote, but something like 3CX (which I use) is no small undertaking. Do not underestimate a project like that.

I am fairly OK with Asterisk (& Freeswitch) and may be able to help on the back end, though time is somewhat hard to come by.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just noticed a bug in the poll system...
The percentage is being calculated from the amount of voting users instead of the amount of votes each option got!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I know, I voted for 2 options... that should count as two votes.. not just one...
The percentage should never be over 100%
The way it calculates , if only 5 users vote and the all chose the 3 options, each option will calculate to 100% of the votes, instead of the real 33.3%

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I know, I voted for 2 options... that should count as two votes.. not just one...
The percentage should never be over 100%
The way it calculates , if only 5 users vote and the all chose the 3 options, each option will calculate to 100% of the votes, instead of the real 33.3%
oh you are correct , you have just discovered a bug in XenForo 😂

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW @sfsameer you had a chance to read ty testament.... I mean my PM ?
I have sent it to my team
1-They will study it first
2-They will draw the development map for me
3- I will study the timeline and the development process
4- Give the final approval
5- Then we will start developing the project

:)