no chance of compiling for Android ?

mjcoon

Licensed User
But from what I read on this forum, much of Basic4PPC features (other than the straight language itself, but the GUI, data manipulation and so forth - all the additional libraries) are based heavily on the features of Microsoft's .NET that must be present for Basic4PPC to work.

So since .NET is unlikely to be supported by non-Microsoft suppliers, all those features would have to be translated into whatever the native equivalents are.

I know that iPhone is heavily protected, but I thought that Android came with a free development environment. (Though I have not verified this or tried to locate it.) If so, an idea of how different the environment is from .NET could be deduced by trying to re-write a Basic4PPC program for Android...

Mike.

Andre-K

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, .NOT is a huge problem, being tool for lock-in, and little more.

Will Basic4PPC support Windows Mobile 7 ?

Andre-K

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, lock-in by silverlight-cr@p is not acceptable at all, silverlight is the last poor attemt by microsoft to rule internet, after ActiveX failed bug time.

Anyone who've been around this business some years should know better than go for such bloat.

mjcoon

Licensed User
... I thought that Android came with a free development environment. (Though I have not verified this or tried to locate it.)

I thought I should check I was right, so I downloaded it. The on-line help did a good job of "spoon-feeding" me through the process of creating a "Hello, Android" basic application and running it in the emulator. (I have no intention of buying a real Android.)

But it all seems a very long way away from Basic4PPC!

Mike.

Attachments

• Hello Android emulation.JPG
    Hello Android emulation.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 247