iOS Question Notification not working on test device

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I've created the app and have asked a few of my colleagues to test. One of them is using an iPhone 5 and I got my app installed on his phone using testflight. The app installs fine but the local notifications on his phone are not appearing.

On my test device, the notifications work fine. One difference I can see on my phone is the presence of my app in the Notifications Center in the Settings app, which allows the user to control notifications. This is not present in my colleagues phone.

Another colleague has a more general problem. He can't seem to be able to get his UDID using http://get.udid.io/ The site asks him to install the certificate which he does and then it brings him back to the same page asking him to install the certificate again. Has anyone else had this issue?

While I will try to get a few more phones to test this, can anyone shed any light as to what might be happening?

Thanks.

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the response. The app isn't showing up in the Settings at all for him whereas I can see the app in the Settings of my device(in the Notifications Center).

Upvote 0

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just tested the app on another colleague's device. The app doesn't fire notifications on his device either and my app is not listed in Settings->Notifications Center.

I wonder if this has got something to do with me uploading the app using an adhoc profile and through TestFlight. But I then I have installed this on my own phone using TestFlight and it works perfectly.

Any help will be appreciated as this small project is only a small part of a much larger piece of work that I am going to undertake shortly.

Upvote 0