NotifyIcon.dll Compile Error at B4PPC 6.5

Obelix

Licensed User
Hi,

i use the NotivyIcon.dll in a lot of smal tools. Up to now i user Basic4PPC 5.8 (the free version). No i have change to 6.5 and now i have a problem, with the notivyIcon.dll.

When i use them, than i becom an error on compiling:
Error compiling program
Error massage: error CS1525: Invalid expression term ")"
Line number: 50
Line: noi.new1

The code them i use:

'Hardwarezugriff
dz.New1

'Notify Icon erstellen
noi.New1
noi.IconText = "Einkaufsliste"

If i run the Program on desktop, the program works, but when i wont it compile for my device, the error comes. Also the error comes, when i compile my old tools. But this tools works with the older 5.8 B4PPC version.

Have anybody a idea?

Thanks a lot
Obelix

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
NotifyIcon and NotifyIconDesktop were written before optimised compilation was available and they are not compatible enough with each other for optimised compilation to work (the desktop library is used as a reference even when compiling for the device). One work around might have been to add the device library as a desktop component instead of the desktop library, it would not run on the desktop but would optimise compile for the device. However this does not seem to work with NotifyIcon.dll as Basic4ppc throws an error when it tries to load it as a desktop component.

As a registered user you can download libraries so instead you can use the Notification object from my http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries/1995-controlsexdevice-library.html#post10811 or this http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries/3833-popup-notifications-library.html

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've combined all the bits I've been playing with into 1 dll

This includes the balloon/popup message, modifyable notifyicon,
contextmenu and iconlist, (used with balloon and notifyicon).

Ill post it now in 'Additional Libraries', but it might be buggy.
I'll test further tomorrow whilst at work :)

Yes, the taxi trade is that slow :(

It's strictly a device library, but I have managed to create a dummy
desktop lib so desktop compiled 'device apps' can be made.

Please post any comments in the 'Additional Libraries' thread.

Obelix

Licensed User

Hi agraham,

yes its cool, the controlsexedevice-library is that was i wont. Its easy to use und exactly wath i wont. My PDA dosn't show the old notification on buttom of the PDA Window, and with your notifiaction i have the icon on top of the PDA Window :sign0098:

Now, i have one question. have the library a event for click on to the notification-icon him self. At the moment, i unhide my application by click first on the notification and than on the ballon-link.

A better way for me is, when i can directly reopen my application by click on the notification icon directly.

Thanks a lot of this greate DLL!
Obelix

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Obelix

Licensed User
Hi,

i have test the notification.dll but i found no solution to create a icon on top of WM6. The Icon comes on buttom. On my old PDA (MDA Compact II) it works fine, but on my new pda (MDA Compact IV ~ HCT Touch Diamond) it dosn't work. On this PDA, the icons on bottom of WM6 are not visible.

At the moment, i use the ControlsExDevice.dll. Here i have the Icon on top.

Greating from Germany :)

Obelix