Android Question NOW I have a question!

Lary Yenta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Later on this week, I have to make a presentation to the Canadian Diabetes Association for my Diabetes tracking app. Even though the code is nowhere near complete, I would like to show them that the parts that are done so far on my tablet. I would ideally like to do this without having to bring my laptop with me.

Is there a way that I can do this?

Thanks in Advance,

Lary

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Although, if you are going to show it to more than two people, you'll probably need a HDMI adapter and a big screen. Trust me, trying to show an app on a tablet (or even worse, a phone) for more than two people is a recipe for disaster. Been there, done that.

Upvote 0

Devan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perfect advice Troberg... :)

Upvote 0

Lary Yenta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Troberg!

Yes I have an interface cable that I used there before. I have had a couple of meetings there before and about 2 weeks ago, someone saw what I was using to keep track of my blood glucose, a food log, an exercise log, a list of my contacts and my appointment tracker. I looked at B4A and realized just how nice it would be to keep the data all in one place. You know, kind of like a one-stop shop to keep track of your diabetes. I also want to make use of graphing functions to visibly show diabetics how they are doing in controlling their diabetes. My family doctor had seen what I was doing and she started asking me all kinds of questions about it. She was the one who got me started talking to the Canadian Diabetes Association.

Oh, Aloraptor, I figured getting the main application done by April 15th. I wanted to make sure that their experts would give me a hand with some of their historical data followups that they do with their patients.

Look, I know that there are other programmers who could knock this out in no time, but I am very motivated. When I had the amputation done, I was so close to death's door that I could hear wings flapping! (I thought that they were probably Angel wings but most of the people I know suggested that it was probably bat's wings from Hell!)

This project is a thought exercise for me. If I am able to help one person get better control over their blood sugar then the time I spent writing the app was well worth it! I have made some wonderful new friends here and programming is once again fun for me! That makes it all worthwhile in my mind :)

Ceers all,

lary

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Troberg!

Yes I have an interface cable that I used there before. I have had a couple of meetings there before and about 2 weeks ago, someone saw what I was using to keep track of my blood glucose, a food log, an exercise log, a list of my contacts and my appointment tracker. I looked at B4A and realized just how nice it would be to keep the data all in one place. You know, kind of like a one-stop shop to keep track of your diabetes. I also want to make use of graphing functions to visibly show diabetics how they are doing in controlling their diabetes. My family doctor had seen what I was doing and she started asking me all kinds of questions about it. She was the one who got me started talking to the Canadian Diabetes Association.

Oh, Aloraptor, I figured getting the main application done by April 15th. I wanted to make sure that their experts would give me a hand with some of their historical data followups that they do with their patients.

Look, I know that there are other programmers who could knock this out in no time, but I am very motivated. When I had the amputation done, I was so close to death's door that I could hear wings flapping! (I thought that they were probably Angel wings but most of the people I know suggested that it was probably bat's wings from Hell!)

This project is a thought exercise for me. If I am able to help one person get better control over their blood sugar then the time I spent writing the app was well worth it! I have made some wonderful new friends here and programming is once again fun for me! That makes it all worthwhile in my mind :)

Ceers all,

lary
Hi Lary, I think what you are doing is really great, i work in the medical device Industry, the Diabetes branch to be precise, although i'm no a diabetic myself, i know a lot of people who struggle with this disease, I would like to see you finish this project and maybe continue giving us some feedback on how things are coming along. I've only done apps to interface with glucometers to download the readings, save them in a local database and send them to a server where doctors have access to this data and keep an eye on their patients. If there's anything i can do to help please let me know, i'm always busy but i would definitely try to make some time to help in any way with this.

Keep up the great work.

Walter

Upvote 0

Lary Yenta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone!

I just got back from my meeting with the Canadian Diabetes Association. They had originally scheduled me for a 1 hour meeting and I ended up there for 2 and a half hours! They asked for a few changes but are really enthusiastic about the application. Manohman, they are really really pumped over the ability to view the data in graphics form and now they are asking for a lot of graphs which is fine with me! They are also asking for an easier way to import data from meters and so I will probably need more of a hand from Walter (Please, I am very good at begging for help!) They have asked me for a weekly status report so they can get me experts to work on giving me the standards for various measurement types.

Thanks so far for all the advice. Erel, I KNOW that the status doesn't belong here, where I was thinking of doing this in the Conversations area? With your permission, of course.

Regards,

Lary

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone!

I just got back from my meeting with the Canadian Diabetes Association. They had originally scheduled me for a 1 hour meeting and I ended up there for 2 and a half hours! They asked for a few changes but are really enthusiastic about the application. Manohman, they are really really pumped over the ability to view the data in graphics form and now they are asking for a lot of graphs which is fine with me! They are also asking for an easier way to import data from meters and so I will probably need more of a hand from Walter (Please, I am very good at begging for help!) They have asked me for a weekly status report so they can get me experts to work on giving me the standards for various measurement types.

Thanks so far for all the advice. Erel, I KNOW that the status doesn't belong here, where I was thinking of doing this in the Conversations area? With your permission, of course.

Regards,

Lary
I'm really glad everything went great, and of course whenever i can help just let me know, you might also want to check out my graphview library, there are still something missing because i have not had a chance to update it, but it should work for what you need, you can find it here https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/graphview-
library.34995/

Cheers,
Walter

Upvote 0

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations!

When you have something you feel is ready to show, I'd be interested. I have two friends with diabetes, and they might be interested. Also, my GF is a nurse and eldest daughter is a nurse, so they might be interested as well. Who knows, maybe Sweden's next to conquer for you?

Upvote 0

Lary Yenta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Troberg! Of course, your friends and your GF and her daughter would be most welcome to a version of the application as well. The more the merrier. I must say, this forum is extremely helpful and as I mentioned, programming has become fun again for me; that's because of the people here. You folks encourage me!

Cheers,

Lary

Upvote 0