iOS Question NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription and NSCameraUsageDescription

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using xCode 8 and local Mac builder with these libs:

iAdMob v1.33 (modified version from here)
iArchiver v1.01
iCore v2.80
iHttp v1.01
iHUD v1.00
iJSON v1.00
iMedia v1.21
iPhone v1.70
iRandomAccessFile v1.50
iSQL v1.30
iStringUtils v1.00
iTabelView v1.21

After upload I get this message on my email. Same build also disappear from build in iTunes Connect, so I'm unable to update my app.

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "My App". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app includes an API for Apple's Push Notification service, but the aps-environment entitlement is missing from the app's signature. To resolve this, make sure your App ID is enabled for push notification in the Provisioning Portal. Then, sign your app with a distribution provisioning profile that includes the aps-environment entitlement. This will create the correct signature, and you can resubmit your app. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

Once the required corrections have been made, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

EDIT: I'm also using module for share in iOS, please check attached file.

Attachments

• modShare.bas
    2.9 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

ntylee

Licensed User
Longtime User
#PlistExtra:<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key><string>Taking a photo and attach to the task.</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key><string>Select your photo and attach to the task.</string>

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not clear enough. My app don't use photos and don't use camera.
Question is, what lib need it and how to remove it?

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
iMedia is for VideoView.
I can use these keys is simplest solution, but maybe I need to explain Apple review team for what I use Camera, and I don't use it in app.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you change anything or just submitted again?

I plan to update the hosted builders to Xcode 8 in a week or two (to allow using iOS 10 new features).

I have added two lines (from post #2)
B4X:
#PlistExtra:<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key><string>Taking a photo.</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key><string>Select your photo.</string>
and submitted app again. Nothing more.

Upvote 0

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
Thank you, this worked for me, i received an email from itunes saying there was one more issues, and empty email.....
I made a new version adding one of the two lines i was missing and the upload was succesful and it is now in review! :)

Upvote 0