Android Question Odroid-C1 with Android - access to GPIO

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by HugoSX2, Apr 7, 2015.

1. HugoSX2

HugoSX2 Member Licensed User

Hello,

I have an Odroid-C1 running Android 4.4.2 on it.

And I could instal and run my B4A app on it. Now I would like to expand the app with access to the 40 GPIO Pins, including analog input, IO-ports, uart, etc. Any idea who to do this?

2. timwil

timwil Active Member Licensed User

did it come with a sdk and or example program?

3. HugoSX2

No, not on how to access the GPIO via B4A.

4. timwil

What I am asking is if it came with a SDK or example program. It would be in Java

If so then it can be converted into a B4a library - there would not be a b4a example - it is not that popular (yet)

5. HugoSX2

I found this on http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G141578608433&tab_idx=2

These 40pin GPIO port can be used as GPIO/I2C/SPI/UART/ADC for electronics and robotics.
    The 40 GPIO pins on an ODROID-C1 are a great way to interface with physical devices like buttons and LEDs using a lightweight Linux controller. If you’re a C/C++ or Python developer, there’s a useful library called WiringPi that handles interfacing with the pins. We’ve already ported the WiringPi v2 library to ODROID-C1.
    Please note that pins #37, #38 and #40 are not compatible with Raspberry Pi B+ 40pin header. Those pins are dedicated for Analog input function.
    Note that all the GPIO ports are 3.3Volt. But the ADC inputs are limited to 1.8Volt.

6. pappicio

pappicio Active Member Licensed User

7. HugoSX2

This libs are for Java.
    But I would like to program in B4A (extend my current Project). Thats why I choosed Android for the Odriod-C1.

8. pappicio

pappicio Active Member Licensed User

yes, it is, shurelly:In my opinion, now you have all you need to develop b4a apk to pilote odroid i/o pins now.

9. timwil

B4a actually translates your program into Java then compiles it.

If you have a Java library it can be wrapped to work with b4a

You may also want to check for any raspberry pi library for b4a

10. timwil

11. HugoSX2

@timwil - Thank you.

I copied the jGPOI.jar library referenced in post #6 to the B4A library folder.
    But when I open B4A it does not show it in the library selection.

12. timwil

Again - that is for JAVA

You would need a wrapper to get it into b4a

Alternatively you could use b4j

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice