Wish On opening Designer in Windows, pop both windows to front

Russ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Under Windows 8.1, if you have the Designer open it is effectively two Windows. If these go behind other Windows and you click one of them the other stays behind. This then means switching to designer requires a few more clicks, it'd be nice if selecting either of the windows it brought the other to the front as well :)

Thank you

James Chamblin

Licensed User
Longtime User
If something like this is implemented, I'd rather see it as an option instead of default behavior. Sometimes I rather use the WYSIWYG designer in the emulator and would not want to have the abstract designer covering it every time I click on the properties window.

Russ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wysiwyg designer in the emulator, is that the designer app for the phone or something I'm missing? :)

Thank you

James Chamblin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wysiwyg designer in the emulator, is that the designer app for the phone or something I'm missing? :)

Thank you
On the upper left of the designer properties window is an icon of a broken link. Double click on that to connect the designer to the emulator or device on the usb. You will get a layout similar to the Abstract Designer, but will show exactly what the views will look like on the device, instead of just a bunch of rectangles.
AbstractvsWYSIWYG.png

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wouldn't mind an option for this. Usually what I do is drag both designer windows to the top edge of the screen next to each other then just keep the top of the main B4A window down a bit so I can easy click on either designer window title bar to bring it forward. I'm sure you've done this was well though and I still like the idea. :)