Android Question Opinions and ideas for a small utility!

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

I've recently purchased a new Huawei P30 Pro, but I've noticed that it does not have a mini led light for optical notifications when I receive unanswered calls or unread messages!

So I'm about to make a small utility application to show a virtual led at the top of the screen beside the camera teardrop space, inside the Android status bar.

The issues I don't know how to solve are:
  1. How to make the "led" visible when the screen is locked and switched off and show only the "led" without showing the whole status bar?
  2. How to make it visible with the rest of the screen "switched off" (is black activity colour enough???)?
Thank you in advance!

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1+2) I don´t think it is possible.

Upvote 0

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

I've recently purchased a new Huawei P30 Pro, but I've noticed that it does not have a mini led light for optical notifications when I receive unanswered calls or unread messages!

So I'm about to make a small utility application to show a virtual led at the top of the screen beside the camera teardrop space, inside the Android status bar.

The issues I don't know how to solve are:
  1. How to make the "led" visible when the screen is locked and switched off and show only the "led" without showing the whole status bar?
  2. How to make it visible with the rest of the screen "switched off" (is black activity colour enough???)?
Thank you in advance!
It has been done for Samsung Galaxy S10. Since Huawei also has Always-On Display (different from Samsung though) maybe it can be done. Have a look at the java code for Galaxy S10 on github https://github.com/Chainfire/HoleyLight and read about this application on https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/themes/app-holey-light-t3917675.
I had modified this code and used part of it in my application on Galaxy S10e.

So if you study this code, you could probably do something similar - it basically puts a small overlay window where the colored ring on is displayed around the camera cutout.

Upvote 0