Optimized compiler doesn't recognize recent changes

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Julius, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Julius

Julius Member Licensed User

Hello!
    I have a really strange problem.
    I am using B4P v. 6.5 and Windows Vista 64bit.
    I am absolutely sure it is not a question of the source code, therefor I added none.
    I made s simple change of a fine running program (compiled the the optimized version), which runs fine in the test mode and also fine as none-optimized .exe version in the win and the device version.
    The optimized compiler doesn't recognize the latest changes, as example changing the color of the form background. I deleted all related .exe, .dll and configure files and did it again. No changes appeared during the execution. The win-version and the device version run with the same behaviour -> no changes acceppted.
    There are no error messages.

I am a little confused. I can live with the none-optimized files, but it is not really satisfying.

kind regards
    Julius/Peter

2. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

Are you running Dbasic.exe as Administrator? I had a similar sounding problem with Programmer’s Notepad recently on Vista 32bit where the changes I made seemed to be saved but the source files weren't getting updated. When I ran it as Administrator the problem went away. I think Vista security was fooling the app by getting it to write to a "shadow" location instead of where I wanted it to because it didn't have rights to that location.

3. Julius

Julius Member Licensed User

Hello, Agraham!
    This was exactly the reason. When I started the Dbasic.exe from the program(x86) folder as administrator the compiler works fine even in the optimized mode.
    The user-account restrictions in Vista are very frustrating. I am always logged in with administrator privileges, but that is in this particular case not enough.

kind regards
    Julius/Peter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice