B4J Question Packet Raw Data... read everything...

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
...Well i am trying to update/transfer/TRANSFORM some old Applications from Visual basic to B4J...

so... my need "today" is PacketX...

PacketX was a library that helps reading all the packets from ethernet... actually was a wrapper of WinPcap..

So the best fuction was that:
B4X:
oPacketX_OnPacket(ByVal pPacket As PacketXLibCtl.IPktXPacket)

ppacket. had SourceIpAddress/Port/DestIP/DestPort...Data...MacAddress...DataSize..Protocol !!!

As you can see with this super WOW library you could read everything coming to your ethernet port ! :)

So is there any nature way or something like packetx/winpcap for b4x... to read them all ?

ps: My old apps was a software router, and a little firewall...

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
...Well i am trying to update/transfer/TRANSFORM some old Applications from Visual basic to B4J...

so... my need "today" is PacketX...

PacketX was a library that helps reading all the packets from ethernet... actually was a wrapper of WinPcap..

So the best fuction was that:
B4X:
oPacketX_OnPacket(ByVal pPacket As PacketXLibCtl.IPktXPacket)

ppacket. had SourceIpAddress/Port/DestIP/DestPort...Data...MacAddress...DataSize..Protocol !!!

As you can see with this super WOW library you could read everything coming to your ethernet port ! :)

So is there any nature way or something like packetx/winpcap for b4x... to read them all ?

ps: My old apps was a software router, and a little firewall...
Take a look at this, you will have to write a wrapper for this so it can be used in B4J

https://www.devdungeon.com/content/packet-capturing-java-pcap4j

Walter

Upvote 0