iOS Question Panel Touch event behaviour

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

The touch event for a panel in iOS behaviour is very different from B4A and unpredictable. I want find out if my assumptions are correct:

1) The Action_Up value is returned when you stop touching the panel
2) The Action_Down value is returned when you start touching the panel and does it repeat until you stop touching
3) The sub syntax is :
Sub panel1_Touch(Action As Int, X As Float, Y As Float) As Boolean

What I wish to do is to known when the panel is being touched and when it is not and get the coordinates at where it is touched and released/

I am returning true to consume the event but I get weird times the event fires and what action is reported as last experienced.

Thanks for any guidance or help in advance as it's driving me crazy

Utopians

Licensed User
B4X:
Sub Panel1_Touch(Action As Int, X As Float, Y As Float)
        Select Action
       Case Panel1.ACTION_DOWN
           Log("DOWN")
       Case Panel1.ACTION_MOVE
           Log("MOVE")
       Case Panel1.ACTION_UP
           Log("X: " & X & " Y: " & Y)
       End Select
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zakerg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also had some issues with IOS panel touch behavior. My intention was to have the user touch the screen and keep their finger there while a sound effect played and an event triggered. In B4A using the Reflection Library, this works fine. I get the X and Y values one sound and one event is triggered. In B4I if the finger is left in place multiple sound and events can be triggered. I tried a few things to see if I could stop this from happening but nothing seemed to work.

In reality I believe users tend to just tap the screen and the touch panel event works good for that. I would probably have had to add a note " For best experience keep finger on screen during sound effect" and that would have been awkward. I am concerned about the results a few user might get with a longer touch.

Upvote 0