Share My Creation Paper Paratroopers

hi

i am working on a nice mini game "Paper Paratroopers"
I am almost finished with the ios version.

it is not easy to make games for ios and Gameview is still hard to understand for me but i use gameview for playing sound and thats much better the using mediaplayer!

a short video (video was recorded with reflector and it seems like the sound was not recorded right!. there is a small delay between sound and the game.):

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paper-paratroopers/id1211448298?ls=1&mt=8

scr1.png

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
btw i have included 2 modes.

- Classic (like in the 80s)
- Paper (as in the video in post #1)

to unlock classic mode you need to reach a Hi-Score of 300 first. (should not be that hard)

please try the game and tell me if it runs smooth. i have tried it on my iphone 5s and it runs smooth but on my ipad 2 it runs a little bit slow when i shoot a lot bullets. but the ipad 2 is very old so i guess on iphone 5s and up it will run smooth and most people have those devices.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Tested on iPhone 6. Overall it runs smooth.

Are you drawing the whole screen every cycle?

thanx erel. yes i draw every cycle the whole screen.
i wanted to use Gameview but i could not understand how it works.

i know that adding imageviews with bitmaps and move them around will work much faster but this is not very comfortable.

i would really like to see this game with gameview. when you are used to libgdx then it is hard to use a different logic.

libgdx logic is very simple:

1. you intialize all sprites and all your types.. (create the game)

2. then you draw everything where ever you want in the render event.

you also check everything inside like collisions...

so if gameview could just create bitmaps and then draw them it would be very simple to use it but the asteroid example is very complicated for me.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanx erel i will try it when i get home. I have no possibility to test your example right now.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you find it to be faster?

ok i have just tested your example erel and in my opinion it runs slow. the number on the left/top shows me 15 so if this is the frame rate then its to low.
we should get at least 40 frames per second and ideal would be 60.

i see that the maintimer interval is set to 15 so that should be 60 frames per second and i dont understand why it is so slow.

EDIT: i test it in release mode on simulator.