Android Question parse.com push notification parameters

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by hookshy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. hookshy

hookshy Well-Known Member Licensed User

I am using parse.com to send push notification ....however I found that I can not control the push expiration time
    If you have 1 milion people sending a push each hour ...and all pushes will not react to expiration time interval it will be a mess ...a device will be bumped by thouzents of pushes at the time he will connect to the internet .

So all options to set expiration time failed to me ...if you have tested and it works for you please give me a feedback or tell me how to proper use this service.

Code:
    hscar.pub.Initialize

hscar.pub.SetChannel(
    "chm")

Dim sb As StringBuilder
    sb.Initialize
    sb.Append(
    "test")

hscar.pub.SetMessage(sb.ToString)

hscar.pub.SetExpirationTimeInterval(
    60)

hscar.pub.send(
    "push_list",0)

2. hookshy

1.All though not recomended in desctionption it looks like this statement works
    this will set an expiration time 1 minute after it was launched
    hscar.pub.SetExpirationTime(DateTime.Now+60*DateTime.TicksPerSecond)

2.Seccond method might work as well..but I see website allows value equal or larger to 1 hour which is equivalent
    to 3600 seconds as descripbed in setExpirationtimeinterval method of b4a wrapper
    hscar.pub.SetExpirationTimeInterval(60)'can be below accepted server minimum value
    All thought this might work I have never tested yet ..

Still remains a nice feature in parse services !

3. derez

derez Expert Licensed User

I don't know why but I'm getting notifications with a delay of few minutes to few hours, using the same way of push.

4. hookshy

yes this happens to me also .... I guess it is because they do not refresh its online device status ...due to data trafic protections
    I do not know its mechanism
    You can not use it for critical processes only for info

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice