Android Question parse.com push notification parameters

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using parse.com to send push notification ....however I found that I can not control the push expiration time
If you have 1 milion people sending a push each hour ...and all pushes will not react to expiration time interval it will be a mess ...a device will be bumped by thouzents of pushes at the time he will connect to the internet .

So all options to set expiration time failed to me ...if you have tested and it works for you please give me a feedback or tell me how to proper use this service.

B4X:
hscar.pub.Initialize

hscar.pub.SetChannel("chm")

Dim sb As StringBuilder
sb.Initialize
sb.Append("test")

hscar.pub.SetMessage(sb.ToString)

hscar.pub.SetExpirationTimeInterval(60)

hscar.pub.send("push_list",0)

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
1.All though not recomended in desctionption it looks like this statement works
this will set an expiration time 1 minute after it was launched
hscar.pub.SetExpirationTime(DateTime.Now+60*DateTime.TicksPerSecond)

2.Seccond method might work as well..but I see website allows value equal or larger to 1 hour which is equivalent
to 3600 seconds as descripbed in setExpirationtimeinterval method of b4a wrapper
hscar.pub.SetExpirationTimeInterval(60)'can be below accepted server minimum value
All thought this might work I have never tested yet ..

Still remains a nice feature in parse services !

Upvote 0

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know why but I'm getting notifications with a delay of few minutes to few hours, using the same way of push.

Upvote 0

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes this happens to me also .... I guess it is because they do not refresh its online device status ...due to data trafic protections
I do not know its mechanism
You can not use it for critical processes only for info

Upvote 0