Android Question Permission asked anyway before installation

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying the runtime permissions for the first time.

I would ask PERMISSION_GET_ACCOUNTS only at runtime.

In the manifest file I set only the Android sdk target to 23, not the permission.

The list permission feature of the Logs tab does not show any permissions needed; despite this, the installation requires this permission (on a device with Android 4.4.2).

Why? Works it only on devices with Android 6 and above?

Project attached.

Thank you.

Attachments

• GoogleAccountsPermission.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 206

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. You need to add the permission to the manifest as before.
2. Runtime permissions is a feature of Android 6.0 and above so on devices with lower android versions the permissions will be asked at install time.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I must resign myself to this situation. However I do not know the reason for the strange "behavior":

In the manifest file I set only the Android sdk target to 23, not the permission.
The list permission feature of the Logs tab does not show any permissions needed; despite this, the installation requires this permission (on a device with Android 4.4.2)

Where this information is taken during the installation, if not from the Manifest file? And why the IDE does not detect this? (maybe just because the IDE reads the Manifest file)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You have added it to the manifest editor:

SS-2017-04-09_09.09.26.png

The line is not commented. You can use <!-- text here --> to make comments inside the text.

The IDE doesn't know it because you are not using AddPermission.

Upvote 0