Personal Pocket PC Wiki

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that I got the BareWicki sample to navigate with a link that was "about:Automotive"

Yes I can confirm the above works sort of. If you are linking to a file called "Automotive.txt" the link was "Automotive" but if you change the link to "about:Automotive" you firstly get an error "The address is not valid." after clicking ok the page loads.

So this partial solved the problem. Is it possible to suppress error reporting?

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
more thoughts on the pocket IE

agraham, I appreciate the help you've given us. I don't think this is a problem with html or with your library - I really think it is a problem with pocket internet explorer. I have to admit I don't do much coding these days (I am a project manager and live in a world of tasks, burn & earn, etc)

I liked your suggestion of looking at the AdvPDA - it also uses the web browser and seems to update the web page from links. I poked around it a little bit but I'm still new with the B4PPC - I havent' figured out how to set break points, etc that I'm used to with the MS IDE debugger

When the program first starts, the html string that is loaded has a referring url (the navigating.url) of "blank:about" - pocket IE is ok with that. However, the html that is displayed has links to other pages that are neither file based or http based, and the only way to get a browser to display them is with the "about:xxxxxxx" reference (where xxxxxx is the page name). Pocket IE just doesn't like those. Giving each link a reference "about:blank" would work, but that defeats the purpose.

When I originally thought about doing a pocket wiki I was considering storing two versions of every wiki page; one for the wiki markup language and one formatted as html. This would have been accomplished by having the editor save the HTML version on the save event. The browser would display the html version and the links would reference the html version. Clicking the edit button would load the wiki markup version.

That's probably not the most elegant solution - but sometimes a hack is the only thing that works.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's probably not the most elegant solution - but sometimes a hack is the only thing that works.
Could you not combine the two files and save the text after the closing </body> or whatever in the HTML file, or as HTML comments. At least that would halve the number of files.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but if you change the link to "about:Automotive" you firstly get an error "The address is not valid." after clicking ok the page loads.
I don't get the error on WM2003, presumably later OS differ.

So this partial solved the problem. Is it possible to suppress error reporting?
Not as far as I know.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
version .2 development - works on PDA

I finally got the Pocket PC wiki to run on the PDA without errors (thanks to reviewing badkarma's AdvPDA code)

Tony, please let me know if this runs ok on your PDA.

Thanks to agraham for his help and suggestions. :sign0060:

8/6 update: version .21 adds updates to Blade parser, adds new 'Slash' parser, minor ui changes,

Blade parser supports: local links, font formatting, headings, image inclusion, quote

Slash parser supports: local links, font formatting

Last edited:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Your bloody legend, that works a treat :sign0060::sign0060:

Thanks heaps
Tony

I finally got the Pocket PC wiki to run on the PDA without errors (thanks to reviewing badkarma's AdvPDA code)

Tony, please let me know if this runs ok on your PDA.

Thanks to agraham for his help and suggestions. :sign0060:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
version .31

I merged tstewards file included in the original post (version .3) and my changes = now version is .31 - Tony can you use this one with any work that you are doing?

I added an include routine - which works ok if the included file is plain text but bombs if it has any markup in it. So this is still open.

To add to the list of ToDos:

1. Finish Blade markup - should be 100% compatible with Blade Wiki
2. Finish Slash markup (my new syntax - goal is to have a PDA finger friendly language)
3. Create configuration editor & file to save settings
4. Fix CSS include (works on PC, not on PDA)
5. Create template page for new pages
6. Create export to HTML routine
7. Create landscape routine
8. Create "Open File(wiki)" to support multiple top level wikis

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yep that works on my PPC. :)
Although the back button is broken - i'll look into that later or maybe tomorrow as I have my sisters funeral today :(

I merged tstewards file included in the original post (version .3) and my changes = now version is .31 - Tony can you use this one with any work that you are doing?

I added an include routine - which works ok if the included file is plain text but bombs if it has any markup in it. So this is still open.

To add to the list of ToDos:

1. Finish Blade markup - should be 100% compatible with Blade Wiki
2. Finish Slash markup (my new syntax - goal is to have a PDA finger friendly language)
3. Create configuration editor & file to save settings
4. Fix CSS include (works on PC, not on PDA)
5. Create template page for new pages
6. Create export to HTML routine
7. Create landscape routine
8. Create "Open File(wiki)" to support multiple top level wikis

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
For your consideration

Digitaldon37,
I have added two menu items for a possible way to add markup. See what you think or maybe you can suggest a better way. I am not commited to this way its just a proposal. I think more buttons on screen may make it more finger friendly but will occupy to much screen space

Also back button is fixed.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
PPPCWiki now supports template files and file names with spaces.

See post #1

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
buttons

tsteward, I was thinking about moving the buttons to the right side of the screen when in landscape mode.

I don't know about putting markup language help in menu options - I probably wouldn't use them - but I've never really been good at having a knack for UI or usability. Maybe some type of pop-up that you could scroll through.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
tsteward, I was thinking about moving the buttons to the right side of the screen when in landscape mode.

I don't know about putting markup language help in menu options - I probably wouldn't use them - but I've never really been good at having a knack for UI or usability. Maybe some type of pop-up that you could scroll through.
Yeah I agree UI is hard as its often different people use there devices in different ways etc.
I'm not that fussy where the buttons go but I probably prefer them to stay at the top because I go into landscape mode so I can read longer lines more easily or view pictures that show that way better. If we move the buttons to the side then whats the point of landscape.

And yes i'd be happy with a button operating popup form with icons on it. This would make it more finger friendly, but we can only have so many buttons. I dont have a problem with menus as my soft keys to operate them are on my keyboard so I dont have to use stylus or anything however in the future my next phone may not have a keyboard. Seems to be the trend.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Lastest update is version 0.36 - see post #1
I have improved the handling of template files. It now allows for when template file has not been created. This was a bug I discovered.

Landscape mode working but the form is larger than the screen in landscape mode hence it creates a scroll bar. This is not desired as the web interface also displays a scroll bar on larger pages.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Landscape mode working but the form is larger than the screen in landscape mode hence it creates a scroll bar. This is not desired as the web interface also displays a scroll bar on larger pages.

Why Not use the hardware lib resize event to re-order the controls position in landscape mode?

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
wiki - landscape

Attached is version .37 - cleaner portrait and landscape modes

The scroll bars were caused (much to my annoyance after messing with this for an hour - I'm the one who put that status label in so I should have caught that) by the status label not being moved up in landscape mode

Changes made:

>App_Start
>flb_Resize

Thanks for the suggestion cableguy - I think the problem was the programmer (me)

update: version .371
- added errorlabel to parseslashwiki (invalid syntax would throw an error)
- fixed procedure "checkwikifile" - would error on slash (extension not set)

update: version .372
- fixed procedure "parsebladewiki" - would error if markup character in position 1 (also fixes "include header")

Last edited:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Getting hard to remember what I've done.

V0.38
Can now open other wiki's via menu.
Fixed image bug on PDA
Fixed ^include links
Fixed bug leaving garbage between pics and not closing </a> tag

TODO
Check table formatting I think theres a html bug there.
Getting very close to being completely compatible with BladeWiki.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
navigate to external links

Replace the code for Parse(url) with this:

B4X:
Sub Parse(url)
url=ValidateURL(url)
urlType=StrIndexOf(url,":",0)
'Msgbox(url & " = " & urltype)
If urlType=-1 OR urlType=5 Then
   url=ValidateURL(url)
   CheckWikiFile(url)
   HtmStr=ReadWikiFile(url)
   'Msgbox(HtmStr)
   addHistory(url)
   currentpage=url
   textbox1.Text=HtmStr
   Refreshweb
Else
    url=StrReplace(url,"%2F","/")

Shell(url)
End If

End Sub

This will update the wiki from version .38 to .381

Last edited:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for that digitaldon37 - that fixed the external links.

I have also:
homepage
  • Fixed Tables
  • Fixed html markup
  • Fixed editing correct page after loading new wiki
  • Loads css on desktop
  • Embeds css on ppc
Version 0.4 up now