Android Question Play Store Subscriptions !

potman100

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I have an app that I want to put on the play store, I want to implement a subscription model for payment.

I am a little confused and find conflicting information online on how the subscription actually works.

So the plan is, subs model with a free trial, I want the trial to be with all features, after the trial I want to limited features without a subscription, all features with.

So once I setup BillingManager3, and call GetOwnedProducts I can tell is they have a valid subscription, and would limit the features in the app if not.

The problem I have, is from info online, it says that once the trial has ended the user will no longer be able to use the app, google with stop them, so does this mean that they cannot start the app ? or would it start and I could test for a valid subscription ?

Thanks in Advance

Potman100

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
or would it start and I could test for a valid subscription ?
you need to, yes.
Based on a subscription buyed you can let your app stop using your app. Or you can just activate the full features.

Upvote 0

potman100

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for that DonManfred

So I will be able to do as I as I thought, Let them have a free trial, then limit with no subscription from my app ?

The app has been beta tested with 30 + people, so I don't think it needs beta testing on the play console, after
all the subs stuff is setup in the console and I am ready for production, is the any need to test the subs part in
your opinion ?

Upvote 0

potman100

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, struggling a little with the process for testing, I have found lots of pointers
online for the process, so will keep plugging on.

Thanks Again

Upvote 0