Games Point&Click adventure

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
can you give an example for such a game?

if you mean something like maniac mansion or monkey island then there is no reason why it should be impossible.
but it requires a lot of work to make such a game since you have to give more then 1 possibility to complete the game to make it more exciting. it will require a lot of thought but it is 100% possible.

Last edited:

zakker

Licensed User
can you give an example for such a game?

if you mean something like maniac mansion or monkey island then there is no reason why it should be impossible.
but it requires a lot of work to make such a game since you have to give more then 1 possibility to complete the game to make it more exciting. it will require a lot of thought but it is 100% possible.

yes, I mean like Maniac & ZackMc Kracken :)
What kind of instruments I need?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually such a game does not require any special tools like a game engine since you dont draw any special animations. But it is recommendet to use a game engine like libgdx so if u r in the middle of developing and want to implement some heavy animations u will not have to rebuild completely your game.

But u will need a lot of thinking.
Such game has lot of different scenarios so it will require a lot work.

I wanted to build a library for such a game in the past but then i went to another project.

I can try to make a small example on how it could look like so you will have an idea but i only need to find the time for that.

Will see.

Last edited:

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, it's not an easy project, but any 2D game is possible with b4A.
First of all you'll need a game engine. Download libGDX and play with the demos until you understand how it works.
Then, you should be able to move you player within an area, I would do the stages with tiled, defining a polygon for the walkable area, and if the clicked point is inside the polygon you can go to that point. If you need to avoid obstacles then you could use steering behaviors library to move your player from point A to point B.
Then you should make a scripting system, as you want to have conversations with characters... I think it's a HUGE project, but interesting...

zakker

Licensed User
I can try to make a small example on how it could look like so you will have an idea but i only need to find the time for that.
Thanks, you'd be very kind to give me an example. Some examples are useful to get started the right way

zakker

Licensed User
Well, it's not an easy project, but any 2D game is possible with b4A.
First of all you'll need a game engine. Download libGDX and play with the demos until you understand how it works.
Then, you should be able to move you player within an area, I would do the stages with tiled, defining a polygon for the walkable area, and if the clicked point is inside the polygon you can go to that point. If you need to avoid obstacles then you could use steering behaviors library to move your player from point A to point B.
Then you should make a scripting system, as you want to have conversations with characters... I think it's a HUGE project, but interesting...

Thanks for you links.

Thinking and developing an Adventure Game it's very very very difficult, I Know...But I'd like doing something...
In the past (thousand of years ago :) ) I did something, for PC, with AGS engine... (https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/)
I was hoping there was something also for android and B4A