Port & Baud GPS settings for TytnII

colin9876

Licensed User
I cant get any of the GPS progs to work, which Port setting would it be on my TytnII?
For example GPS4PPC gives me the option to connect to port 4 or 7 - Ive tried both but it says 'A native exception has occurred ....'

colin9876

Licensed User
how do I find out which version of GPS4PPC I have? I took it from this site?
my Tytn is WM6

Also how do I change that Serial library thing- do I have to copy another library across? Can u run me thro what I have to do?
Thanks so much

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The attached application will detect the port and baud rate.
I also attach the serial2 and the GPS dlls

Attachments

• Autodet2.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 251

colin9876

Licensed User
Derez, Thanks for the app, I ran it and got anError ay sub timer1_tick line 88 If Serial.InBufferCount>0 then gps. .....
Error TargetInvocationEception
??
Just before that it briefly showed port 3 baud 2400 - does that sound right?

Also when the dll was copied across I cant actually see it in the directory. Do these librarys go invisible when they r on the storage card??

colin9876

Licensed User
Erel - Thanks, the exe you supplied has installed the GPS4PPC program fine on my PDA - and it works
Q1) What is the second box on the GPS function which lists (Wgs84,Wgs72 .... Britain36 ...)??

Q2)I still cant get the sorce code version to run without that error.
Can you just explain again about that Serial2 library. Is that something that ur team have written or is it a Microsoft thing?

Q3)When I copied it across it seemed to vanish from the folder I put it in??? Where are dll stored?

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the datums list.
See the second part of the GPS tutorial: http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153

You should remove SerialDesktop and SerialDevice from the Components table and add Serial2.

The file explorer on the device hides dll files, you should tap and hold on an empty space and choose Show All Files.

Serial2 is part of Basic4ppc. You can find it in Basic4ppc libraries folder.

colin9876

Licensed User
Great - it works now - its really clever that Basic4PPC can access GPS. Im just going to look up what Datums are on google lol!

Just out of interest, so WM6 needs a different Serial library than WM5?? Why is that - I didnt realise WM5 & WM6 were that different?

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
.Net CF 2.0 works with Serial2.dll while .Net CF 1.0 works with SerialDevice.
SerialDevice is the only library which is not supported by .Net CF 2.0.

WM6.0 devices are preinstalled with .Net CF 2.0. Older devices are preinstalled with .Net CF 1.0.
Unless you are targeting very old devices (Pocket PC 2002), I recommend you to use Serial2 and install .Net CF 2.0 if required.