Android Question Pre-Purchase Questions

Eksatech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I am new for Android Programming and I think to start with B4A, I tried some and I like it, but I have some questions before purchase it.

1. Can I connect to MSSQL Server with B4A using IP address of MSSQL Server
2. I have one device with integrated Barcode Scanner (Unitech PA700) Can I use directly this integrated scanner for input box barcodes ?
3. Can I found and add new controls such as grids to use with B4A ?

If I am sure about these subjects I will purchase B4A.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Eksatech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel, thanks for your reply. Sorry but I have another few questions:

1. I checked discussions about to connect the MSSQL server but I can't download the necessary files (for example RDC_Client.zip). Are these files available for licensed users or page error?
2. I can't find any codes for using integrated barcode scanner to try. What have I do?
3. I saw at your link there are useful components but I can't open file links again.

After purchase license can I download all files in forum ?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Eksatech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Cableguy, it is clear to understand. I will buy Licence.

Troberg said "It works just like if you had typed it on the keyboard, so you don't need any special handling" but there is a problem and I can't understand why. My device has a button to activate barcode reader, when you press it red lamp of the reader is on. However, I prepared a trial application and when I focused to edit box red lamp is not turned on when I press the button, so barcode reader doesn't activated. This is the reason of why I asked to handle code for this situation.

Thanks for your answers in advance again.

Upvote 0

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
What happens if you don't have any textbox, and just captures keypresses?

Note: I haven't tried all bar code scanners, just a few, and when scanning, they simply sent keypresses as from a keyboard (except for serial devices, who sent it as serial data, but, even in that case, it should be capturable by B4A).

Take a deep breath, my friend, then dive head first into the device documentation.

Upvote 0

Eksatech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your support Troberg. I can't understand how but I restarted my device and barcode scanner of my device is running now.

I bought B4A licence and Now I need to connect MSSQL server.

Upvote 0

Eksatech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand the problem. If I run barcode reader with own test application first, then run my application the reader working properly, but, if I use directly my application first the reader can't work !!!

I think I have to write something for first loading but I don't know what I have to do :(

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Without seeing what you have done and how it is hard to give advices

Upvote 0