Android Question PreferencesDialog and optional field date

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
In a form I have date type fields in which you may want to indicate a date or not. Even if I don't assign a date to the field, by default when showing the form the date fields take today's dates. Is it possible that this automatic assignment doesn't take place? I just want those fields to be filled with information from the user, and if not fill them that show nothing.

Greetings

Rubén

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Where I was heading is that you can (and I do) use a label to display the date (or blank date), and then on the Label _Click event, bring up a date picker. If the associated callback is called, then format the returned date and put it into the label.

If your requirement is that the user should be able to blank the field after it has been set to a date, you can use the _LongClick event to do that.

Or am I missing some other problem? Perhaps I am suffering from a case of: Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself.

:)

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Or am I missing some other problem? Perhaps I am suffering from a case of: Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself.
May have answered my own questions: just realised you are referring to PreferencesDialog.

Naturally, this occurred 42 ms *after* clicking "Post Reply", rather than *before*.

:-/

Upvote 0