Android Question PreferencesDialog - control value before user click on okay

DarkoT

Licensed User
Hi guys,
I need quick answer for using Preferences Dialog.
I want to control input before user click on OK.
For example - user will pick ITEM from Item List (is options type field, which will be fulfilled before form appears on screen). After the user choice the Item, I need to send description to next field, where can user change description or left as default. (this field should be full filed automatically from picked item).
Can I do this?

1633018016689.png

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
As you have already found out, the behavior of the standard preference dialog does not let you do this. It exits when you select something.
And if you set multiple choices to true, it does not broadcast the individual selections.

However, it is fairly easy to implement what you want with a B4XCustomListview, where you control virtually everything including visibility and response behavior.

Upvote 0

DarkoT

Licensed User
As you have already found out, the behavior of the standard preference dialog does not let you do this. It exits when you select something.
And if you set multiple choices to true, it does not broadcast the individual selections.

However, it is fairly easy to implement what you want with a B4XCustomListview, where you control virtually everything including visibility and response behavior.
Thanks William for info... Okay, it's understandable that system can handle control only after the data are stored in memory (when user click's on ok button and system close the dialog). But - in any case, I like to work with forms over preferences dialog and it's will be very useful when somebody will cover this feature..

Upvote 0