Pricing?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
looks excellent so far!
Thanks.

This information is not final and may change before or after the release...
For a product like Basic4android it is very important to build a large user base. So the initial pricing of Basic4android will be relatively low.

There will be two licenses:
Standard version which will include free upgrades for two months - 39$.
Enterprise version which will include free upgrades for two years - 99$.

Basic4ppc users will receive an additional discount (about 33%).

Note that the software is the same for the two versions.

Upvote 0

mtw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes very affordable considering the other IDE/GUI RAD designers are $1,000.00 and above for the Andy Phones.

Upvote 0

aldweb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks.
There will be two licenses:
Standard version which will include free upgrades for two months - 39$.
Enterprise version which will include free upgrades for two years - 99$.

Hello. I am new here, first post...

I have been playing with B4A (trial version) since a few days and, so far, I found that this development environment has a great and interesting potential. So, I was just starting to think about buying it. But, what version should I buy?

Because your pricing policy is based on free upgrades time...

I don't know if you will put all of your effort in the next 2 months or in the next 2 years.
Buying twice the standard edition (one now and let's say one in one year) is less expensive than buying the enterprise edition. But, how could I know what will happen within the time frame I buy twice the standard version?
And what if you quit business within the next 2 years and I have bought the enterprise version?
2 month support is also very short for a brand new product which, I hope because it has a lot of potential, will evolve a lot in the next few months or one year I guess.

Overall, I am really very confused by this pricing policy...

Cheers,
aldweb

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Buying twice the standard edition (one now and let's say one in one year) is less expensive than buying the enterprise edition. But, how could I know what will happen within the time frame I buy twice the standard version?

What if the price goes up before next year? There goes your plan to save money. I bought the enterprise edition because I don't want to lose hair over saving a dollar or two over the next year. Beside $99 is real cheap for a dev platform considering the work put into this by Erel and others.

Upvote 0

aldweb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure which answer you are looking for.

As I see it the pricing is fair as the standard version price is pretty low. Similar projects will usually be priced higher.
We are putting a lot of effort to continue improve Basic4android. I believe that newer versions will be available every few months.

I agree that the price is fair.
I maybe just want to highlight that the pricing policy is not based on the more common approach of different levels of functions, but on the fact that, without any shown roadmap, you leave to potential customers some kind of a guess to perform to evaluate if 2 months is good compared to 2 years for buying this great tool.
And this is not a real choice, especially for early versions which should evolve quickly, especially because you appear to be very reactive. Then, 2 months support is not a real option... That's my thought.

Cheers,
aldweb

Upvote 0