Android Question Printing from my app

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,
I am new and just getting started but need to know how to prepare for some things my app will need to do. Like print. What is the best way, or easiest way to implement with good results, a printout from my app? In VB I used a printer dll with good success as it allowed me to format the output so it looked professional. Are there any printer libraries? Can I output my results of my app to send to an email to be printed from the users desktop pc? I have read a little about cloud printing but never used it so maybe that is the best? My app currently prints the output on one full sheet of printer paper.
Thanks in advance,
schemer

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Check the CloudPrint library.

Thank you, that looks like what I need. I appreciate the help.
schemer

added: What if later down the road some end users of my finished app don't want to use Google Cloud? Is there a plan "B" for such people so I have an option available or one I can start to plan on creating? Like store as file or pdf that can be sent to email for printing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, that looks like what I need. I appreciate the help.
schemer

added: What if later down the road some end users of my finished app don't want to use Google Cloud? Is there a plan "B" for such people so I have an option available or one I can start to plan on creating? Like store as file or pdf that can be sent to email for printing?

Check out the pdfjet library.

Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks johndb for the info. I may need a plan "C" too. ;) Output to a text file for printing would work I guess?
schemer

Upvote 0