Privacy Policy on Store Listing

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I got a warning from Google about my app violates "user data" policy due to the app require some permission (e.g. android.permission.CAMERA, READ_PHONE_STATE).

Google require me include a link to a valid privacy policy on my app's store listing page and within my app. Anyone have this experience and how you can fix this? any standard privacy policy I can find from web?

Thank you!

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I got that also.

I found a fairly similar, popular app that had a privacy policy and used their policy as a "template". Although, I did not copy it word for word.

As far as I can tell the way Google Play implements the link to a privacy policy, it requires that the developer have a website to host the policy webpage. If this is true, I personally don't think that is friendly for very small developers who may not have a website available.

Barry.

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I got that also.

I found a fairly similar, popular app that had a privacy policy and used their policy as a "template". Although, I did not copy it word for word.

As far as I can tell the way Google Play implements the link to a privacy policy, it requires that the developer have a website to host the policy webpage. If this is true, I personally don't think that is friendly for very small developers who may not have a website available.

Barry.

Good idea!

Seems I have to embed the policy within my app as well ....

I found that a numbers of my apps also need that privacy policy but not got the warning yet, I need to spend some effort to modify my apps : (

Every time I got mail from google, every time a lot of work to do

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just copied the wording from another developers website and put it on a page on my wordpress blog site. Wordpress blogs are free so it won't cost you a penny.

I haven't put the link in my app yet though, need to think how to do that since it's a game.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
All my apps have "Help" files. These are HTML files, stored in the DIRAssets, displayed in a WebView, and accessed via some sort of menu button.

I placed the Privacy Policy link within the app's Help file. So far, so good. No new complaints from Google.

Barry.

panagiotisden2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Got this email too. Possibly because of ads but I had the privacy policy in the description already. Will it matter if I put it inside my app? Will Google be happy with it?

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does anyone know where a default privacy policy could be found??

Thanks

Aidy

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
All my apps have "Help" files. These are HTML files, stored in the DIRAssets, displayed in a WebView, and accessed via some sort of menu button.

I placed the Privacy Policy link within the app's Help file. So far, so good. No new complaints from Google.

Barry.

For each app, go to the Store Listing tab on the Developer Console. At the very bottom, there is a place to add a link to a policy. I added a privacy policy to my app but, I'm guessing, that the only way Google will know is if you also add one on the Developer site. I can't think of a way for them to check the app itself so they probably scan the database looking for blank privacy policy entries.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would anyone like to share their apps privacy policy so we can use it as a template?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Andy,

Did you get a notification that you needed to add one?

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it's picked up on my apps due to me using the admob library, but am not sure.

Nope - that doesn't trigger it - well mine don't.

I was using the Phone library to get the device id - but now use the alternative method.