fargoz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello
I have problems configuring FTP over TLS 1.2
What would be the correct way?
my code is as follows
B4X:
  FTP.Initialize ("FTP", FTPServerName, Serverserver, LoginServer, PasswordServer)
    ctm.InitializeAcceptAll
    FTP.SetCustomSSLTrustManager (ctm)
    FTP.PassiveMode = True
    FTP.UseSSL = False
    FTP.UseSSLExplicit = True
    FTP.DownloadFile (FolderRemote & MDATOSZIP, False, External Path, MDATOSZIP)
    FTP.TimeoutMs = 80000
    FTP.Close ()
but the error message is:
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftpConnectionClosedException: Connection closed without indication

Last edited:

fargoz

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello Erel
Thank you very much for answering ... the server provider demands that the communications be post FTPS or SFTP with its FTP Client.
I tried to do it with the following code but it generates an error. which may be ?

(FTPConnectionClosedException) org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPConnectionClosedException: Connection closed without indication.

B4X:
   FTP.Initialize("FTP", NombreServerFTP,PuertoServer,LoginServer, PasswordServer)
   ctm.InitializeAcceptAll
   FTP.SetCustomSSLTrustManager(ctm)
   FTP.PassiveMode=True
   FTP.UseSSLExplicit = True

FTP.DownloadFile(CarpetaRemota & MDATOSZIP, False, RutaExterna, MDATOSZIP)
   Wait For FTP_DownloadCompleted (ServerPath As String, Success As Boolean)
   If Success Then
      Log("Archivo Bajado exitosamente! ")
    Else
        Log("Problema al bajar archivo")
        Log(LastException)  
           ' LastException = (FTPConnectionClosedException) org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPConnectionClosedException: Connection closed without indication.
    End If
   FTP.Close()

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
SFTP has nothing to do with FTP. You can use this library for SFTP: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/26994/#content

There are two types of FTPS: FTPS implicit (UseSSL) and FTPS explicit (UseSSLExplicit). Try it with UseSSL.

Make sure that you are using the correct port. It will be a different port for the different services.

Upvote 0