Android Question Problem with Package Name

Mages

Licensed User
Longtime User
Accustomed to working with vb6, as well as with Embedded VB for pocket pc, I bought b4a to adapt some personal programs to my LG G2 smartphone. I did some simple programs that run normally on my LG G2. One problem for which I have not found a solution:

When I run the compilation no window opens so that I can enter the Package Name, and all my application are installed on my smartphone with the same name: B4A Example. I of course tried to change the name in the menu Project/Package Name, but without success; Even so my applications will always install with the same name (B4A Example).

Is there a problem in the installation of b4a on my pc (Windows 8.1) or my LG G2 would cause?

Thank you in advance.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On top of the code in the Main module open the Region Project Attribures and change the ApplicationLabel.
B4X:
#Region  Project Attributes
    #ApplicationLabel: ProgramName
    #VersionCode: 1
    #VersionName:
    'SupportedOrientations possible values: unspecified, landscape or portrait.
    #SupportedOrientations: unspecified
    #CanInstallToExternalStorage: True
#End Region

Upvote 0

TomA

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I run the compilation no window opens so that I can enter the Package Name, and all my application are installed on my smartphone with the same name: B4A Example. I of course tried to change the name in the menu Project/Package Name, but without success; Even so my applications will always install with the same name (B4A Example).
Check out the discussion at http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/cant-get-b4a-to-change-the-package-name.41846/ for some info about changing the package name. Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
my experience and advice from Erel on this forum

1- package name should be all small letters
2- package name should not contain vb4 keywords like "byte"... etc
3- correct package name example: bytenm.john.johns

Upvote 0