Problems with Shell command.

RCC2k7

Licensed User
Hi.

I've been trying to create a simple mobile application that does the equivalent of the Run dialog you get on the PC when you press WindowsKey+R. The idea is to launch this dialog from a hardware button on a PPC or speed dial entry on a Smartphone.

MobileRun.jpg

But I'm having some issues.

1. I can only launch actual programs, not associated documents, let alone URL's. :(

2. If I type bogus stuff, my error handler is totally ignored on the Device. On the Desktop, I do get the appropriate error message.

Are these fixable? (Attached is my source code.)

Last edited:

RCC2k7

Licensed User
Thanks Erel. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my code. For program design reasons, I still had to alter your code, since it wasn't allowing for direct execution of built-in Windows programs, such as entering just "notepad" instead of requiring "C:\Windows\Notepad.exe" or entering just "notes" instead of requiring "\Windows\Notes.exe".

Still, not only you gave me the code I needed to launch associated documents, but you also gave me some pointers on how to parse the input, so I think I can now get the code to process URL's too.