B4J Question Program keeps crashing through Windows Store certification

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just recently submitted my B4J program to be published on the Windows Store , it is now in the certification process. However I received an email saying it failed the test because my app keeps crashing every time at launch. Their report read as:

App Policies: 10.4.2 App Crash or Freeze

Notes To Developer

Unfortunately, we can’t test the app, because the app crashes at launch. Tip: A Windows app may run flawlessly during development and testing, but after submitting it for certification testing, the app may crash or perform unexpectedly. Along these same lines, your app may not perform as expected after publication. You can contact Developer Support at http://aka.ms/storesupport if you need assistance with troubleshooting.

Tested Devices: (Win 10 S) Microsoft Surface Laptop, High Performance Desktop, Lenovo Ideapad 310T

I contacted them to see if they could provide me a crash log, but instead they only sent a video showing my app crashing.
My program works fine without crashes when I tested it. How can I troubleshoot it to see why it keeps crashing?

xulihang

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is possible that your app is installed in a place which needs administrative privilege or writes something to such a place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
True. Make sure not to write anything in File.DirApp as it will not work.

I checked, and you were right , I saw one instance where I was using File.DirApp. It is used from the KVS library for saving settings. Also another place where I'm using File.DirAssets but i dont think that should be a problem. For DirApp, whats another alternative I can use it?

Upvote 0

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
True. Make sure not to write anything in File.DirApp as it will not work.
Hi,

You can use File.DirData("YourAppName") ;)

Jan

Yes, that was it, thank you! Now it's giving me a new error, incompatible with Windows 10S:

App Policies: 10.1.2 Windows 10S

Notes To Developer

We have detected that your app is incompatible with Windows 10 S. Please update your app to support Windows 10 S if possible. Otherwise include a prominent statement at the top of the app description (in the first or second line) that the app does not support Windows 10 S. This issue may affect merchandisability. Please be sure to test your app for Windows 10 S: https://docs.microsoft.com/windows/uwp/porting/desktop-to-uwp-test-windows-s We could not test your app because on Windows 10 S the application terminates without notice to the user.

Tested Devices: Acer Switch 3, High Performance Desktop, Dell Inspiron 12-5280, Sony Vaio Duo 11 (SVD112A1ST)

Upvote 0