Android Question Programmatically resize TimeDialog

JGiunta

Hello!
When i use the TimeDialog class from the Dialogs2 library (from @agraham ).
Is there a way to programmatically increase the size of the clock based on the device's screen?

Thank you for your time.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, it can not be changed

Upvote 1

JGiunta

Thank you DonManfred,

I found out an alternative route to resizing the dialog:
Make my "own" dialog and resize that :)

For anyone who might be looking for it:
(P.S. - It's ugly)

This is my XML
picker.xml:
    <TimePicker
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
        android:id="@+id/time_picker"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="fill_parent"
        android:tag="time_picker"
        android:gravity="center"
        />

This is my B4A Show sub
Show Sub:
Sub Show ()
    If PannelloConferma.IsInitialized = True Then    ' Check if the Panel is already initialized
        PannelloConferma.RemoveAllViews                ' In case it is, we clear it
    End If

PannelloConferma.Initialize("PannelloConferma")    ' Initialize the panel
    PannelloConferma.Tag="PannelloConferma"            ' Tag the Panel
    PannelloConferma.Color = Colors.Transparent        ' Make the Panel transparent
    act.AddView(PannelloConferma,0%x,0%y,100%x,100%y)' Add the panel to the Activity

pnlSoloPicker.Initialize("")                    'Initialize a second panel where we will put our TimePicker

'Declaring, initializing and placing the labels and panels
    Dim lblOk As Label                              
    Dim lblcancel As Label
    lblOk.Initialize("lblok")
    lblcancel.Initialize("lblcancel")

PannelloConferma.AddView(pnlSoloPicker,PannelloConferma.Width*0.1,PannelloConferma.Height*0.1,PannelloConferma.Width*0.8,PannelloConferma.Height*0.8)
    PannelloConferma.AddView(lblOk,PannelloConferma.Width*0.5,PannelloConferma.Height*0.9,PannelloConferma.Width*0.1,PannelloConferma.Height * 0.05)
    PannelloConferma.AddView(lblcancel,PannelloConferma.Width*0.6,PannelloConferma.Height *0.9,PannelloConferma.Width*0.1,PannelloConferma.Height * 0.05)

LayoutBuilder.LoadXmlLayout(pnlSoloPicker, "picker")    'We build the XML in the second panel
    End Sub

This is my resize sub
Resize sub:
Sub Scala(factor As Float)
    Dim jo As JavaObject = pnlSoloPicker.GetView(0)                    'Declare the picker as a JavaObject
    jo.RunMethod("setScaleX",Array As Object(factor))                'Scale it horizontally
    jo.RunMethod("setScaleY",Array As Object(factor))                'Scale it vertically
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0