B4A Class Programmatically set screen settings

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by JackKirk, Mar 17, 2016.

1. JackKirk

JackKirk Well-Known Member Licensed User

I recently had the need to work out how to set screen settings (orientation and full/non-full screen) via my B4A app.

I found relevant information in the forums limited, scattered and decidedly opaque - if I missed the tutorial then please hit the reply button.

So I set to and put together a small class and example, smothered in documentation...

The example is a bit crude as the following screenshots show, however it enables you to fully explore the 16 screen orientation options - unspecified, landscape and portrait and 13 others as detailed in:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/R.attr.html#screenOrientation

It also shows you how to jump between non-full screen and full screen at will.

Note screenshot #4 - the phone is upside down.

6.png

-------------------------------------------------------------

The class header documentation pretty well explains the intent:
    Code:
    '************************************************************************************
    '
    'This class module provides full programmatic control of screen settings, regardless
    'of how they have been initially defined
    '
    'Features:
    '
    '   o 16 screen orientations, as per:
    '     http://developer.android.com/reference/android/R.attr.html#screenOrientation
    '
    '   o Full screen mode on/off
    '
    'Methods:
    '
    '   Initialize
    '
    '   Change
    '
    '   Reset
    '
    'Events:
    '
    '   None
    '
    'Properties:
    '
    '   None
    '
    'Requirements:
    '
    '   o B4A libraries:
    '
    '         Phone (version 2.28 or later) - for screen orientation control
    '         Reflection (version 2.40 or later) - for full screen control
    '
    'Update history:
    '
    '   16 Mar 16 - 1.0
    '
    '************************************************************************************
    And the documentation of the Change method of the class describes the parameters that need to be passed:
    Code:
    '
    'This procedure gets control when Change method is called by parent module
    '
    'Input parameters are:
    '
    '       SS_Orientation = required orientation, which can be "unspecified",
    '                        "landscape", "portrait", "user", "behind", "sensor",
    '                        "nosensor", "sensorlandscape", "sensorportrait",
    '                        "reverselandscape", "reverseportrait", "fullsensor",
    '                        "userlandscape", "userportrait", "fulluser" or "locked"
    '       SS_Full_Screen = required full screen state (True or False)
    '
    'Returns:
    '
    '       None
    '
    'Notes on this procedure:
    '
    '       o Changes screen settings of current activity
    '
    Happy coding...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice