Wish Project specific additional libraries folder

Discussion in 'B4J Bugs & Wishlist' started by stevel05, Mar 6, 2015.

1. stevel05

stevel05 Expert Licensed User

I think this has been wished for before, but with a slightly different reason, it would be useful to have either subfolders within the additional libraries folder, or an option to have a project specific libraries folder in addition to the current additional libraries folder.

I am testing various external libraries the current one I am working on has about 15 jar dependencies, I don't really want to dump them into the additional libraries folder as I will have to search for them to delete them if the project isn't viable. It would be easier with subfolders or an extra location that is also searched.

I am currently planning on changing the additional libraries folder for these projects and duplicating and existing libraries I need, but then if I want to work on a different project or help on the forum with code, I would have to switch back to the standard location before I can do anything.

If the sub folder route was implemented, it would also be easier to manage the large number of libraries I am collecting.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    thedesolatesoul likes this.
  2. thedesolatesoul

thedesolatesoul Expert Licensed User

You can potentially use AdditionalJar but that would be 15 AddtionalJar statements.
    Would be nice if it took a whole folder (like AdditionalRes).

Also, a nice way to implement this would be a List of Library folders, rather than just on AdditionalLibs folder.

stevel05 likes this.
  3. stevel05

The jar's would still need to be in the additional libs folder. I don't think I would need to reference them all as they are not called directly from the App, but from the main library jar.

Yes, it would.

4. thedesolatesoul

stevel05 likes this.
  5. stevel05

Yes, I missed that one. I'll give it a try, still not quite as simple though.

6. thedesolatesoul

I know. I would prefer a list of AdditionalLibs locations. I dump my own libraries in another place MyLibraries, so I have to copy them to AdditionalLibs each time. It would be easier to add MyLibraries to the list of library locations.

stevel05 likes this.
  7. stevel05

For us users that is. it may not be quite as simple for Erel to implement :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice